New Registrations – Now Open for All Grades
If you are new to the BGRS area and will be attending a BGRD school, please note the following procedures:
Families that are registering a NEW JUNIOR or SENIOR HIGH STUDENT should contact the school to:
- Inquire if they need to set up a registration appointment prior to completing the online registration form
- Inquire what documentation they should bring to the appointment (i.e. most recent report card, high school transcript, a progress report of each course if registering more than one month into school).
- Register online via InfoSnap
Required Documentation Checklist for All Grades
- Birth Certificate
- Verification of residency: document showing parent name and local address.
Legal documentation is required for the following:
- Parental Custody Agreement if restrictions on access
- Guardianship letter if parents live in Alberta – contact school for more information
Legal Guardianship must be applied for through the Alberta Government if parents live outside Alberta – contact school for more information.
Returning Students or Change of Black Gold Regional School
Students who attended a Black Gold Regional School in 2016-2017 and are returning to a Black Gold Regional School should not complete a new student registration form. Instead, families will be prompted by their school to complete a returning student questionnaire.
Applying to a School That is Not Your Designated Location?
Should a family wish to enrol their child in a school other than the designated school, the enrolment request will be considered a request to attend a school of choice. Acceptance to a school of choice will be based upon existing BGRD policy and procedures including availability or non-availability of space and resources.